Click on the pic to link you to the Las Vegas TZ thread

Thursday, July 19, 2012

saKrayZne's Evo Tekken Blog... thingy

Ok, ok, Im a lil late on writing this up, MY BAD! But Im just gonna jump right in…

Tekken Tag Tournament Two @ Evo 2012

1st off, Im biased as hell, LOVE me some Tekken. I think it's the best game ever made, EVAR! And here in Las Vegas comes the Evolution 2012 Fighting game Championships once again! They did NOT have Tekken 6 in the line up this year for whatever reason, but they did have an area dedicated to Tekken. Filthy Rich, Markman and others had a sweet setup where 'Special' PS3's that had a copy of TTT2 on them was made available for play! Fan boy mode: ACTIVATED

If you've played the original Tag, be ready for WAY more. This game gets in deep with everything you knew before, and then some other systems that are not so easy to catch on the first go when playing. (Ex. If you do a tag combo, your opponents other character automatically gets rage, or you NEED rage to tag crash, but you lose your rage, Ect.) Apart for that and other lil things that I know I don't know about, the game is solid in every aspect. Movement, animations, combo system, tagging. Im actually very happy about the way we can tag and still be on a walled stage. That was one of my fears, but no more!

My Likes n Dislikes… Hmm… Let's see.

LIKES: I like how previous under powered characters or crappy launches got crappy damage, but now with the new comboing system, EVERYTHING can hurt a great deal… Which is also kinda bad too, hahaha!! I've seen videos of the game before I went to Evo and from that and from what I saw at Evo, combos are a HUGE part of the game. Stylish and very versatile, the system allows many different variations of combos and uses of many moves that were once not usable before.

And although combos play a big part of this game, traditional Tekken play is still much more important. (Pokes; throws/throw-breaking; blocking; punishing; ect) Cant combo someone you cant launch!

DISLIKES: Well, there are few of course. I didn't like how all the 'new' people were not in the game, even tho I played my mains all day long. And I didn't like playing this awesome game for such a short period of time. Other than that, it's all love. Oh, one more dislike… I think Im gonna be playing too many characters cause they're ALL really good!

Over the weekend, I got to meet a few up with some old peps, and met a few new ones. Grim Grizzly, Big Word came from my home state of MD. USMC Jaguar and Devil Jim came threw also. Invincible Xtina came up from AZ. Then you know ½ of Cali came. Tim, KaNE, Chet, Rip, saw Suiken at a random restaurant at Planet Hollywood. Some cool new people I met were 725, Exalted comin from NY, and of course the lovely Kanoe from SolCal I believe. Cant believe she said she loves Tekken :3

Anyways, Im gonna wrap this one up. Im just gonna say I had an amazing time at Evo and cant wait to see TTT2 there next year. I do hope that with this new game coming out, it will attract more players to come join us and level up. There's much to learn and it will not happen overnight, but Im going to do my best to bring up the Las Vegas Tekken community as much as I can, including writing this shit!

saKrayZne

1 comment: